Coleman Lantern Collectors Corner

Coleman Lantern Collectors Corner

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Author: Dana Reed (Open letter to Don Quinell)

Dear Mr. Quinell

I received the letter from your attorney demanding my apology for what I posted here. After thinking long and hard, I decided that maybe I jumped to the conclusion (or assumed) that you were aware of the type of person that Dana Reed is. In the e-mail I received from Reed – He always cc’d them to you keeping you informed. In some of those e-mails, you too accused me of mail fraud and other crimes that I did not commit; I only cancelled an order to the nastiest human on the internet. Cancelling an order is not a crime, especially when a convicted felon is involved. For me to “assume” that you knew of his reputation for theft, mail fraud, and the fact that he is indeed a felon, was foolish of me. For those reasons stated above, I apologize!

I did hear from two of your friends that you were also informed by them in the past of Dana Reed, his activities, and they also claim that they gave you advice that you ignored – but I should not have posted based on that information.

Now that that’s out of the way, let’s re-cap some facts.

1. Dana Reed is a convicted felon. I have case numbers and all kinds of other proof of this.
2. Dana Reed steals from many people, most are from internet sites like this.
3. You do business with Mr. Reed. He has probably lied to you regarding his activities, but he does business with you!!
4. I also made the comment “In e-mail” that you would have a dear price to pay if you continue to do business with Reed. This comment wasn’t a threat, it was a warning to you that in the future, Reed would either rip you off, or do something criminal in nature possibly involving you. That comment was said out of respect & concern.
5. You have a good reputation as a Gunsmith – and I would hate to see you get in any trouble involving Dana Reed. I didn’t see that, or any of the other positive things I’ve said in your Attorney’s letter.
6. I James L. McLoud made every statement – Manchester Firing Line Range, & Belmont Firearms & Range, had nothing to do with it, and was never posted as such. The only place that those names were used were in an e-mail was to Dana Reed stating “never to business with me or those entities in the future”
Feel free to call me if you have any questions.

Regards,
Jim McLoud
603.668.9015

No comments:

Post a Comment