Coleman Lantern Collectors Corner

Coleman Lantern Collectors Corner

Saturday, April 16, 2011

King fisher lanterns / Chairman Trails in Kingfisher

Regarding this recent post:

I received the following from Jim Nichols, ICCC president:

"HI Tim,
"Could I ask a favor of you?
"I was reading about the Kingfisher lanterns on your form under "Just Bull".  I was surprised and reported it to Coleman Legal dept. and the Chairman Trails in Kingfisher, John Gooden.  He checked his storage and found out some had been stolen from the City of Kingfisher and were going to use them to build some more plazas on the trails. 
"I was privilaged to get this project when I was working for Coleman.  I modified all the Kersone lanterns and delivered them to the City of Kingfisher years ago.  I think I made 30 to take care of any vandalism that might happen. 
"I contacted the ebay seller and he said he bought them from a storage unit owner that had not received rent on that storage unit. 
"Would you please post this or something like this to the Forum so that people know that Kingfisher wants these lanterns back to complete their project and honor  W. C. Coleman in Kingfisher, OK.  
"See email below from Kingfisher.
"Thank for your help,
"Jim Nichols"


--- On Fri, 4/15/11, Gooden Studios wrote:



From: Gooden Studios
Subject: Lanterns for Kingfisher
To: hikeout
Date: Friday, April 15, 2011, 9:54 PM


Jim,
Thank you so very much for the contact back to Kingfisher.  Hearing this news, I went and checked on the lanterns in storage.  They are mostly still there, but this seller has obviously come on stolen merchandise.  We still plan to use these on two plazas being built this summer.
Without your heads up, I would never have found this.
I will keep you posted on what happens.
All the best,
John Gooden
Chairman, Kingfisher Trails
Thank you for your time!
Murff

No comments:

Post a Comment